Stephanie Wilson is a passionate attorney with fifteen (15) years of experience in the family law arena. Her commitment is to providing quality legal services, which are tailor-made to each individual client, grounded in compassion and personal wellness, with a view towards the future. Over the course of her career, Stephanie has garnered a reputation for her skilled representation, strong work ethic, solid value system, and focus on the family. With her understanding, empathetic, and caring nature, she immediately puts her clients at ease, yet instills in them the confidence that she will work zealously and tirelessly to ensure their best interests are protected. Plus, she is cost-conscious!
A diehard Spartan fan, Stephanie grew up in Michigan and completed dual undergraduate degrees at Michigan State University, in International Relations and Supply Chain Management. Following college, Stephanie relocated on her own to Atlanta, Georgia, to attend law school at Georgia State University College of Law, where she obtained her Juris Doctor in 2006. Prior to establishing her own family law practice in 2020, she spent her career within the private practice environment, working alongside Atlanta’s most distinguished family law attorneys, gaining tremendous experience in the world of family law, and in particular, within the context of high income, high asset divorces.
In her current chapter—as founding attorney of Stephanie Wilson Family Law, L.L.C., Stephanie has truly reaffirmed her purpose in her life, which is to do whatever she can to help make the process of divorce or other family law matter more manageable, more controlled, more peaceful, and more cost-effective. Your family matters to Stephanie, and although a divorce or other family law matter can feel like a trauma, she takes seriously her role in minimizing the effects and providing her clients with unparalleled compassion, support, and guidance.
Stephanie has been named as a Georgia Super Lawyer – an award given to only the top 5% percent of lawyers in each state. She has also been labeled a Client Champion by Martindale-Hubbell, and Atlanta Magazine has identified her as a Top Attorney in Georgia. She is a founding member of Divorce Divas, a valuable resource offering educational seminars and a support system to individuals considering or experiencing divorce. Most importantly, Stephanie is blessed to be the mother of her four (4) year-old daughter, who regularly keeps her on her toes with her sass, wit, and energy.
Trust Attorney, Stephanie Wilson, to help you start your new beginning.
- J.D., Georgia State University College of Law, 2006
- Summer Academy in International Commercial Arbitration, 2004
- Dual B.S. Degrees, Michigan State University, 2003 (International Relations and Business)
- “Emerging Issues in the Arena of Equitable Division of Assets” - Family Law Institute, 2015
- “The Illusion of Privacy under HIPAA’s Privacy Rule” - Family Law Institute, 2015
- “Moving the Ball Forward? Communication with the Other Side” - Family Law Institute, 2014
- “Adultery: Does it Matter Anymore?” - American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers CLE, 2012
- “Retroactive Modification of Child Support? Consider Galvin v. Galvin” - The Family Lawyer, March 2011
- Arkwright v. Arkwright, 284 Ga. 545, 668 S.E.2d 709 (2008)
- Super Lawyers "Super Lawyer", 2021
- Super Lawyers “Rising Star”, 2011-2020
- Atlanta Magazine "Top Attorneys in Georgia", 2021
- Martindale-Hubbell "Client Champion", 2021
- American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers Institute for Advocates Advanced Graduate, 2016
- CALI Award, Civil Procedure, 2003
- American Bar Association, Member, Family Law Section
- Atlanta Bar Association, Member, Family Law Section
- Divorce Divas, Founding Member
- Amicable Divorce Network, Member
- Woodstock City Church, Attendee
STEPHANIE WILSON FAMILY LAW
Making the decision to file for divorce is messy, emotional, frightening, and in the majority of cases, life altering. Yet, the freedom that can result…it is a wondrous new beginning. In fact, it is with great joy that I have observed many of my clients reinvent themselves after a divorce—spiritually, mentally, socially, professionally, physically.
Many have found the new loves of their lives; some have taken steps towards furthering their education and/or starting a new career; and, others have discovered new interests and hobbies or simply basked in their new-found peace. You may find that making a decision to leave an unhealthy marriage is your first step towards your wondrous new beginning, and I am here to help.